Here is a list of 100+ no-prep and low-prep activities you can easily do at home with your 1 year old.
Looking for more easy ideas? I am currently developing a new Toddler Homeschool Curriculum called Play2Learn Toddler Homeschool Program. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter for more information plus giveaways and the release date!
Here is list of super easy no-prep ideas to do with your 1 year old at home:
- 30+ No Prep Things to Do at Home With Your 1 Year Old – Happy Toddler Playtime with a free printable list of the 30+ ideas.
- Tape Pull Fine Motor Activity – Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Post-it Push – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Pipe Cleaner Pick Up Sticks – Toddler Approved
- DIY Flip Book – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Q-Tip Push – Happily Ever Mom
- Peek-a-Boo Puzzle – Happy Toddler playtime
- Clothespin Pull – Days with Grey
- Magna Tile Cap Drop – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Painting with Water and Cotton Balls – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Muffin Tin Veggie Sort – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Card Slot Drop – Busy Toddler
- Book Drop – Happy Toddler Playtime
Low-prep sensory bags & mess-free painting
45+ Sensory Bags is a list of low prep sensory bags and mess free painting ideas that your 1 year old can do.
Low-prep sensory bins
15+ Sensory Bins is a list of low prep sensory bins that are fun and safe for for 1 year olds.
Good sensory bin fillers for 1 year olds are green peas, corn, water, ice. Check out the post for more easy ideas.
Low-prep contact paper activities
Here are a few ideas of low-prep contact paper activities for 1 year olds:
- Cardboard Tube Sticky Wall – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Baby Ring Grab – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Taby Sticky Wall – Busy Toddler
- Balloon Sticky Wall – Hello Wonderful
- Easter Bunny Sticky Wall – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Outside Sticky Wall – Busy Toddler
- Baby Puzzle Grab – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Cloudy Day Sticky Wall – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Yarn Sticky Wall – Hello Wonderful
- Baby Shape Grab – Happy Toddler Playtime
No-prep discovery baskets
Discovery baskets are a super easy no prep way to entertain your 1 year old. And there are a million ways to create them for your baby using the things you already have in your home.
Check out these posts for ideas:
- How to Create Montessori Baby Discovery Baskets – Mama Happy Hive
- Discovery Basket Ideas – How We Montessori
- Discovery Baskets for 1 year olds – Mama.Papa.Bubba
- 12 Super Easy Discovery Basket Ideas -Mama Meganallysa
Play Dough and Your 1 year old
The recommended age for play dough is 2 year olds, however, I let my 20 month twins play with homemade play dough. Use your best judgement when playing with play dough. It may not be appropriate for your 12 month old but by 20 months your baby may be ready to start playing with it. Again as a parent you know what’s best for your child – use YOUR best judgement as when and if to introduce play dough to your 1 year old.
Check out this post from Mama.Papa.Bubba for a baby safe play dough recipe – Baby Play Dough.
If you don’t have time to make baby safe play dough you can place regular play dough in a sensory bag and let your little on play with it that way!
When playing with play dough provide tools and loose parts that aren’t choking hazards. With play dough adult supervision is required at all times when your 1 year old is playing
Here are some easy loose parts your little one can use with play dough:
- Puzzle pieces
- Pasta Shells
- Toy Bugs
- Toy Trees
Check out this post for introducing loose parts to 1 year olds How to Introduce Loose Parts With Infants and Toddlers – Fairy Dust Teaching.
Mini Play Dough Aquariums – Happy Toddler Playtime