Looking for taste safe sensory bins for your baby or toddler? You can come to the right place!
Learning starts when all the senses are engaged. Here is a list of the best taste safe sensory bins you can do with your little baby or toddler from 12 months, 15 months, 18 months and up.
Finding baby sensory bins that are appropriate for your 12 month old can be challenging. And finding ideas for even younger babies can be even more challenging. It is perhaps the number one question I get from parents – “Do you have any sensory bin ideas for babies as young as 9 months?”.
RELATED… 50+ Activities 3- 15 Months
Although, these ideas are best done with babies 12 months and older they can be adapted for younger babies. I did them with my twins when they were as young as 10 months. However, I kept a very very very close eye on them but they absolutely loved them!
READ MORE… 21+ 2-INGREDIENT SENSORY PLAY RECIPES
Here is a round up of amazing taste safe Sensory Bins that you can do with your baby aged 12 months, 15 months, 18 months and up.
Taste Safe Recipes
- Taste Safe Sensory Bin Happy Toddler Playtime
- Taste Safe Slime – Mother Could
- Taste Safe Mini Water Beads – The Train Driver’s Wife
- 5-Minutes Taste-Safe Foam – Baby Play Hacks
- One Ingredient Moon Sand Recipe – Twin Mom Refreshed
- Applesauce Oobleck Recipe – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Taste Safe Paint – Mother Could
- Baby Safe Cloud Dough by Lemon Lime Adventures
- Edible Jello Worm Sensory Bin by Adventures and Play
- Edible Dirt Sensory Bin Love Play and Learn
- DIY Taste Safe Slime – Mama Instincts
- Edible Cupcake Play Dough Recipe by B-Inspired Mama
- Taste Safe Mud – Play Inspired Mum
Taste Safe Sensory Bins
- Under the Sea Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Cereal Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Frozen Vegetable Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Rock Soup Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Oats & Easter Eggs Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Spring Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Super Easy Sensory Play: Rice Play by Fun At Home With Kids
- Yellow Rubber Ducky Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Exploring Montessori Sensory Play with Babies by Natural Beach Living
- Feed the Ducks Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime for Toots Mom is Tired
- Pebble and Water Sensory Tub for Babies by Little Lifelong Learners
- Mushy Green Pea Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Super Easy Sensory Play: Oatmeal Textures Sensory Bin by Fun At Home With Kids
- Corn Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Simple Christmas Sensory Bin for Babies by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Baby Valentines Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snow Kitchen Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Vegetable Soup Bath Happy Toddler Playtime
Skill Development Opportunities
Sensory bins are great for Colour Recognition, Language and Vocabulary Development, Hand-Eye Coordination, Fine Motor Skills, Problem Solving, Emotional Development, Trial & Error, Visual Perception, Cognitive Development, Imaginative and Sensory Play.
This activity is ideal for 12 month old baby toddlers and up but can be adapted for younger babies.
REMEMBER ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES WHILE DOING ACTIVITIES BUT ESPECIALLY WITH BABY TODDLERS.
WILL YOU TRY ONE OF THESE TASTE SAFE SENSORY BINS WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE? Pin it for Later!
Pre-order your copy of my new book of sensory bins: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids: 60 Easy Creative Play Projects that Boost Brain Development, Calm Anxiety and Build Fine Motor Skills coming out October 27, 2020!