It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s a cardboard box castle in the sky! Create this amazing castle in the sky craft the next time you get a cardboard box in mail! It’s a great craft for kids of all ages to make!
How to Make a Cardboard Box Castle Craft
Prepare the Castle
- Cut the top off a medium sized cardboard box.
- Cut out a drawbridge door and windows around the castle.
- Make two slits in the bottom of four paper towel rolls. Test to make sure they can slide on the corners of the cardboard box. if they can’t make the slit slightly larger.
Time to Decorate the Castle
- Paint the outside and the inside of the cardboard box.
- Paint the cardboard tubes. Set them aside to dry.
- Cut out little rectangles patterns from gold foam sheets. Cut out enough to wrap around the cardboard tube towers and the front and back of the castle.
Build the Castle
- Slide on the cardboard tubes towers on all four corners of the box.
- Glue on the little rectangle patterns.
- Add flags to the towers. Cut a straw in half. Cut out a triangle from construction paper. Tape the triangle to the straw that then tape the straw inside each tower.
Make the Castle in the sky
- Cut out another sheet of cardboard large enough to fit the castle with some space on it. Cut it into the shape of a cloud.
- Glue the castle on top and then glue cotton fluff or stuffing all around it for a cloud.
Age Suitability for Cardboard Castle Craft For Kids
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 18 months old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Cardboard Castle Craft For Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Cardboard box
- Cardboard tubes
- Construction paper
- Cotton fluff
- Glue or duct tape
Books & TV Show!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.