Making puffy paint is insanely easy and is soo much fun to use to create beautiful crafts. It create a cool cloud like textured that dries puffy and only requires three common household ingredients!
Crafting with Puffy Paint
It doesn’t get much easier to make paint than puffy paint but the artistic pay back you get in my opinion is massive! Puffy paint goes on puffy and light and dries pretty much the same way. Over time the puffiness decreases but that’s OK. The paint will be dry to touch and not messy and can still be easily stored or displayed. It still looks amazing because as it slowly deflates the colors get more vibrant!
If you are looking for some fun puffy paint crafts to try, check out these fun ideas:
- Puffy Paint Cupcake Craft
- Easy Puffy Paint Rainbow Craft for Toddlers
- Bottle Puffy Paint Snowman
- Puffy Paint Christmas Tree
- Puffy Paint Snowflake Craft
- Adorable Puffy Paint Leprechaun Craft for Kids
- Fluffy Puffy Paint Easter Bunny Craft for Kids
- Easy Puffy Paint Easter Egg Craft
How to Make Puffy Paint
- In a muffin tin, combine the white school glue, shaving cream and a few drops of food colouring.
- You can use a spoon to mix your puffy paint or you can use craft sticks. You will need a different spoon or stick for each color.
- Mix the ingredients throughly until completely combined. Don’t worry if the color is a little lighter than you would like, as the puffy paint dries the colour will get darker.
- I really like using muffin tins to make puffy paint as you can easily divide out all the ingredients into equal sized containers and mix different colors easily. It also makes painting with it easier for my kids.
- You can use a regular paint brush to paint with the puffy paint, although sometime I use the craft sticks.
What Type of Paper Should You Use with Puffy Paint?
You can use construction paper or white printer paper with puffy paint.
How long does Puffy Paint Last?
Puffy paint resembles a cloud and it doesn’t last for ever. Once dry the paint will remain full for a day or so and then loose it thickness over time. Once dry it should feel dry to the touch.
How long do Puffy Paint Crafts Last?
Puffy paint dries puffy but solid. If you were to touch it, it would not come off. As the paint slowly decreases the craft will flatten slightly but the paint remains dry to touch. The color also remain vibrant. In fact the colour will darken a over time.
Can you Make Puffy Paint Ahead of Time?
Since puffy paint deflated (much like shaving cream does) you should make your puffy paint immediately before using it. Use the paint within 30 minutes.