Check out these 15 fun and easy apple activities for kids! Here you will find easy STEAM activities, hands-on learning and sensory play ideas all with an apple theme.
Apple Themed Activities
September is here and that means, cooler weather, school and apples! Apple themed activities are a great way to practice everything from letters and numbers, enjoy sensory play and STEAM ideas. They are fun ideas to do before and after you go apple picking or after you pick up a bushel of apples from the market!
Apple Activities for Fall
- Make the best smelling Apple Pie Playdough using this easy no-cook playdough recipe. Fall is the perfect time to make this homemade apple pie playdough recipe for your kids! It’s soft, squishy and smells just like apple pie!
- Apple Pie Oobleck. This apple pie oobleck is a fun and easy sensory activity for kids! A super inexpensive kitchen science experiment to try this fall!
- Turn apples into Fizzy Apple Volcanoes! This is a fun and easy science experiment for kids! This simple to set up STEM activity is the perfect activity for home or in the classroom this fall.
- Apple Washing Station: An Easy Fall Sensory Bin for Toddler. Apple washing activity is a fun and super easy activity to set up for Fall! Perfect way to keep your toddler or preschooler busy this fall.
- Magnetic Apple Sorting Sensory Bin is a fun sorting and STEM sensory bin for toddlers and preschool. It is a great sensory activity for Fall.
- Apple Tree Q-Tip Counting Activity for Preschoolers is a fun fall learning activity. Great for a fall or apple themed preschool unit.
- Cotton Ball Apple Tree Counting Activity is a fun hands-on math activity for preschoolers. It also a great way to practice fine motor skills.
- Apple Shapes Sorting Sticky Wall is a fun shape sorting for toddlers and preschool. This is a great activity to include in an apple themed unit.
- Apple Bubble Foam Sensory Bin is a fun and “clean” sensory bin for toddlers and preschool for Fall. Super easy and a great way to keep them busy!
More Apple Activities for Kids
- Apple Picking Sensory Bin is a playful Fall sensory bin for kids and fun way to strengthen their fine motor skills while picking up apples!
- Apple Soup Sensory Bin for Kids is a fun and simple sensory bin for toddlers and preschoolers. Super easy learning sensory activity!
- Apple Colour Sorting Sensory Bag is a great way to practice colour recognition and sorting with toddlers and preschooler this fall
- Cotton Ball Apple Tree Cotton Ball Apple Tree Craft is a fun and easy fine motor apple craft for preschoolers and kindergartners. It is a great Fall activity!
- Apple Post-it Letter Match. This is a great Fall activity for toddlers and preschoolers to help practice their letter recognition on a colourful easy to make apple tree!
- Letter Aa Sticky Wall is a fun and easy activity for toddlers and preschoolers and a great way to practice letter recognition.
Age Suitability for Apple Activities
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 3 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
Mess Level for Apple Activities
The mess level for these activities varies.
Difficulty to Create
Varies from very easy to moderate.
Sensory play, language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are some fun and easy ways to keep your child engaged while at the same time using sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made play kits here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.