Here is a fun and easy craft for paper tree craft kids: create a four season tree! A great way to learn the seasons for preschoolers and kindergartners!
How to Make a DIY Paper Tree Four Seasons Craft
- Grab a sheet of watercolor paper and draw the outline of a tree trunk with branches and a large circle around it (see blow). Repeat this picture three more times, trying to make the circle about the same size. Your trees can look different. [Adult will need to draw this part for preschoolers and kindergartners].
- Use watercolor paint to paint each circle a different colour to represent the four seasons: Light Pink for spring; Green for summer; Yellow for Fall and Light blue for winter.
- Paint the trunk brown.
- Set it aside to dry
- Alternative for Fall: If you want to make this tree just for fall use paint each circle red, orange, yellow and brown. Set it aside to dry. With the q-tip paint each side with a different fall colour.
- Take a q-tip and washable kids paint and add dark pink dots all over the circle for the spring tree; add dark green for the summer tree; add red and orange dots for the fall tree; add white snow of on the branches of the winter tree.
- Set it aside to dry.
- Cut out the trees and fold them in half.
- Take the spring tree and glue one side to the summer tree. Glue the other side of the spring tree to one side of the winter tree. Make sure to line up the trunks.
- Take the Fall tree and glue one side to the winter tree. Glue the other side of the winter tree to the summer tree.
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 3 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is low.
Difficulty to Create
Easy to Medium.
Language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolors paint
- Paint brush
- Washable kids paint
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up. https://youtu.be/1e2Lxm2eqOM
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are some fun and easy ways to keep your child engaged while at the same time using sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made play kits here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.