INSIDE: “You’re Out of This World” Handprint Rocket Ship Mother’s Day Card is a fun and easy card for kids to make mom for Mother’s Day. It makes a great keepsake as well as a fun painting activity for toddlers and preschoolers!
Check out these other fun DIY Crafts and Card the Kids can make for Mother’s Day?
How to Create the “You’re Out of This World” Rocket Ship Mother’s Day Card
- Grab a sheet of card stock. Fold it in half to create a card.
- Take your child’s hand and paint their palm and thumb blue.
- Paint each section of their fingers red, then organic then yellow.
- Make a handprint on the card stock.
- Cut out a triangle for the top of the rocket ship and cut out the sides of the rocket ship.
- Glue the top and sides of the rocket ship down.
- Write the words: “Mom, you’re out of this world!” or ” I love you to the Moon and back, Mom!” on your card. You can write it on the outside or on the inside.
My twins are 2 years old. This activity is great for toddlers 2 years old with assistance and up.
This rocket ship Mother’s Day Craft is great for developing the following skills:
- Colour recognition
- Language development
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor skills
- Imaginative play
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White Card Stock
- Washable Paint (blue, red, orange and yellow)
- Paint Brushes
- Construction Paper
- Black Sharpie