INSIDE: Name Sorting Activity is a fun and easy St. Patrick’s Day using gold coins! Let your preschooler practice and learn their name this St. Patrick’s Day with this easy to set up activity!
How to set up Name Sorting Activity for St. Patrick’s Day
- Grab your dot stickers and gold coins. Write each letter of your child’s name on one dot sticker. I wrote out 6 of each letter. Attach the dot stickers to the gold coins. Press down to help them stay firm on the coin. I wrote out each letter on a different coloured sticker. This colour matched the colour on the box (next step).
- Grab a cardboard box and write your child’s name on the bottom. Colour them the same colour as the dot sticker you used in the step above.
- Above each letter use a pair of scissors or box cutters to cut a slot large enough to slide a gold coin through.
How to Sort Your Name
Time for your preschooler to sort their name! Invite your toddler or preschooler to choose a gold letter coin and slide it down into the correct slot. As they are doing this remember to ask them to identify the letters and what sounds they make.
Skill Development Opportunities
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Fine Motor Skills
- Imaginative and Creative Play
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Gold Coins
- Dot stickers
- Cardboard box
- Paint Sticks
N and A are twins. They are 3 years old. Z is 6.5 years old.