Choosing kindness is as easy as a simple random act. To help promote kindness in your child, check out these simple and fun acts of kindness activities they can do today.
Benefits of Teaching Kindness
Beyond the obvious, teaching your child to be kind is an important life skill and one that will positively contribute to their overall health, well being and quality of life.
1. Increased Happiness
Simple acts of kindness activities teach kids to also be kind to themselves. And when you are kind to others you also receive the benefits and happy feelings.
2. Increased health and decreased stress
Being kind to other has a positive impact on your health by decreasing stress.
3. Improved Self-Esteem
Random acts of kindness activities can help to increase ones self-worth and belonging.
4. Increased Attention Spans and Concentration
Having an increased sense of optimism increases ones ability to focus and concentrate.
Simple and Fun Random Acts of Kindness Activities for Kids
1. Help make dinner or set the table.
2. Write kind sidewalk messages to help brighten up a strangers day.
3. Start a free lemonade stand or give out free water on a hot day.
4. Invite someone to play on the playground.
5. Make a get well soon card or poster for someone.
6. Purchase extra school supplies for your teacher.
7. Smile wherever you go!
8. Bag your neighbour’s leaves for them.
9. Say thank you to your sanitation workers.
10. Create an activity for a younger sibling.
11. Say good morning to everyone you see in the morning.
12. Make playdough for a preschool or kindergarten class.
13. Share a toy with one of your friends.
14. Clean up your room without being asked.
15. Leave bubbles at the park for someone else to use.
16. Make your siblings bed for them.
17. Clear the table after a meal.
18. Do your siblings chores without them knowing.
19. Read a book to someone.
Books & TV Show!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.