So you are at home with your baby and need some ideas to keep them entertained and occupied?
Well, check out this great list of some of the things I did with my twins when they were between 10 and 12 months old.
Everything on this list is easy to set up and uses stuff you already have at home! You can also do these activities with older babies (10 to 14 months) and even toddlers as well!
OK, ready to see the list? Let’s go!
- Laugh together for no reason.
- Let them crawl around on your bed.
- Fly around like an airplane.
- Look at pictures of family and friends.
- Eat snack out of a sensory bin or large container.
- Play in the freezer or fridge.
- Look out the window.
- Look in the mirror.
- Play with a ball.
- Play with blocks.
- Go around the house counting different objects.
- Read their favourite story.
- Sing a song.
- Play a musical instrument (and sing a song!).
- Cuddle on the kitchen floor or somewhere you don’t normally get down on the floor with them.
- Play with water. Fill a Tupperware with a little water and let them play.
- Play peek-a-boo.
- Play with a finger puppet, or regular puppet or stuffed animal.
- Do a puzzle but cover the spots with post-its.
- Stack a non toy like paper towel rolls of toilet paper rolls.
- Play with safe kitchen utensils.
- Play with hats of different sizes.
- Climb stairs.
- Go for a box ride.
- Throw balls down the stairs.
- Cover a bowl with tin foil and use it as a drum until it breaks.
- Play with empty food packages.
- Play dress up with funny head bands like bunny ears or sunglasses.
- Stick Post-its on door or wall and show them how to pull them off.
- Go for a ride on a blanket.
- Play with spice containers
- Place yarn into a sensory bin and let them play with it.