INSIDE: Do you have a fire truck obsessed toddler or preschooler at home? Well, feed their passion with this fun and easy Cardboard Box Fire Truck Craft. It’s a simple and exciting way to make a fire truck with little kids.
How to Make An Awesome Unicorn Hand Puppet Craft
- Grab a cardboard box about the size of a shoe box. Paint it red. Set it aside to dry.
- Meanwhile cut out 4 black wheels and 4 white hubcaps. Also cut out a yellow front bumper.
- Cut out 3 white windows and bars and steps for a ladder to go on each side of the fire truck.
- Glue together the tires and the ladder.
- Once the cardboard box is dry, glue on the windows, ladder, bumper and wheels.
- Grab two yellow squeeze bottle caps and glue those on to the very top of your fire truck for the flashing lights!
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Supplies for Unicorn Hand Puppet Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Purple, pink or white construction paper
- Gold foam sheets
- Colourful yarn
Make quiet time their favourite time!
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
My Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop my ready made sensory play kits here.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!