INSIDE: This easy Paper Ladybug Craft for Kids is an adorable craft for kids to make this spring. This ladybug is super easy to make for any toddler or preschooler and would make a great addition to any bug sponge preschool or toddler unit!
How to Make An Easy Paper Lady Bug Craft for Kids
- Cut out two circles from the red construction paper and 1 smaller semi-circle from the black construction paper.
- Fold the red circles in half and glue them in the middle leaving the top half unglued.
- Glue the semi-circle to one end. This will be the ladybugs head!
- Cut out 6 thin legs for your ladybug out of the black construction paper. Glue them to the underside of your ladybug.
- Cut out several dots from the black construction paper. Glue them all over your lady bug.
- Cut out an antenna and 2 smaller dots and glue them on to your ladybug’s head.
- Glue googley eyes to your ladybugs head
This activity is good for kids 2.5 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Supplies for Easy Paper Lady Bug Craft for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Something to trace a circle with such as bowl
- Red and black construction paper
- Googley eyes
Make quiet time their favourite time!
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
My Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop my ready made sensory play kits here.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!