INSIDE: This Amazing Unicorn Hand Puppet Craft is the cutest craft for kids to make. Have a unicorn fan at home? This is definitely one they will love!
How to Make An Awesome Unicorn Hand Puppet Craft
- Grab a piece purple construction paper. Fold it lengthwise 1/3 of the way. Repeat on the other side. Glue the larger side on top of the smaller side.
- Next, fold the paper in half and then fold the top flap back. Repeat with the bottom.
- Next, place a piece of tape on the back to help secure the hand puppet pocket. See photo below for how.
- Now its time to create your unicorn! Cut out a red tongue and glue it inside your hand puppet.
- Out of the pink construction paper, cut out an oval and glue it to the edge of your unicorn. Draw to nostrils on it.
- Cut out ears and inner ears from purple and pink construction paper. Glue the tan inner ears on to the larger brown ears. Then glue those to the upper corners of the unicorn hand puppet.
- Finally attach googley eyes just above the nose. Or you can make eyes by cutting out two larger white circles and the two smaller black circles.
- Time to play with your puppet. Place your hand in the back and make your little puppet unicorn talk!
- Cut out a mane using colourful yarn. Glue it just above the eyes.
- Cut out a unicorn horn from gold foam sheet. Glue it on top of the yarn mane.
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Supplies for Unicorn Hand Puppet Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Purple, pink or white construction paper
- Gold foam sheets
- Colourful yarn
Make quiet time their favourite time!
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
My Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop my ready made sensory play kits here.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!