INSIDE: This cool Pop-Up Rocket Ship Card Craft is the perfect craft for kids to make a friend or loved one. Zoom to the stars with this easy card craft that pops up when it opens!
How to Make A Pop-Up Rocket Ship Card
- Grab a sheet of white card stock and black construction paper. Cut an inch off all sides of the black construction paper.
- Fold the black paper in half and make two slits about 3 inches apart and 2 inches long.
- Fold the tab back. Open the black construction paper and fold it inwards to create a step.
- Cut off the parts of the rocket ship from the blue, red, green and yellow construction paper. Use glue to attach it together.
- Use a small amount of glue and attach the rocket ship to the step. Close the card and check to make sure that it does not stick out when closed. If it does, adjust it and add more glue to ensure that it doesn’t move.
- Cut out a circle from yellow construction paper and glue it in one corner.
- Glue down some sequins all over the black for stars.
- Fold the white card stock and glue the black construction paper to it.
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Supplies for Pop-Up Rocket Ship Cards
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White cardstock
- Black, red, green, blue and yellow construction paper
Make quiet time their favourite time!
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
My Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop my ready made sensory play kits here.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!