INSIDE: DIY Diversity Felt Hand Puppet Craft is a fun and easy people craft for kids. It is a great way to talk about race and bring more diversity to your playroom through art and play!
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
I am so excited to announce that I wrote a book! Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! It comes out June 8th. Click here to pre-order it now!
How to Create Felt Diverse Hand Puppet Craft
- Click above to download your copy of the hand puppet outline. Cut it out.
- Grab your felt sheets in various skin tones and trace the hand puppet outline on it. Cut out the 2 felt sheet in the shape of the hand puppet. If you don’t have enough skin tone colour to cut out two sides, use a different colour for the back of the puppet.
- Use a glue gun or tack glue to glue to glue to two sides of the hand puppet together. Glue all around leaving the bottom unglued.
- Use scissor to cut out white circles for eyes, out of the white felt and cut out different coloured eyes for your puppets.
- Cut out noses and mouths.
- Cut out clothes – shirts, pants and dresses. Use the outline of the hand puppet as reference.
- Use a glue gun or tack glue to glue the face and clothes to your hand puppet.
- Play with your puppets!
DIY Diversity Felt Hand Puppet Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Felt sheets in various skin tones and other colours
- Quick Dry Tacky Glue or glue gun
This activity is good for kids 4 years and up. My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.