INSIDE: Dot Marker Leprechaun: Pre-Writing Activity is a simple to setup pre-writing activity for toddlers and preschoolers. It’s a great activity to do during March to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
Supplies for Dot Marker Leprechaun: Pre-Writing Activity
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Orange Dot marker
- White paper
- Green and black construction paper
- Gold foam sheet
- Orange Markers
How to Make Dot Marker Leprechaun: Pre-Writing Activity
- Grab your supplies.
- On a large sheet of paper draw a circle. Cut out a green leprechaun hat from green construction paper, a black band and a buckle from the gold foam paper or yellow construction paper.
- Glue the hat to the top of the circle.
- You can draw a face or let your little one draw the face themselves.
- Use the orange dot marker and make dot coming from the the circle in the directions of how a beard would fall.
- Invite your little one to draw around the dots to draw the beard of the leprechaun. I would do the first obstacle writing them so that they understand what they are to do.
This activity is good for kids 2.5 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler or kindergartner? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!