INSIDE: Milk Carton Faces Craft is a fun and creative people craft for kids using a milk carton! It is also a great way to talk about different skin tones, hair textures and race.
Race and History
Talking to young kids about history is hard but talking to them about your history – their family family – isn’t. When doing these types of activities take the opportunity to talk about your family history. Talk about any obstacles your family members faced or advantages you had. Talk about the positive aspects of your family history well.
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
I am so excited to announce that I wrote a book! Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! It comes out June 8th. Click here to pre-order it now!
How to Create Milk Faces People
- Grab your paint, brown, white and black. Mix 4 different skin tone colours. For dark brown add a very small amount of black to the brown. For light skin tones, add more or less white paint.
- Grab a clean and empty milk carton. Paint each side a different skin tone shade. Let it dry and apply a second coat in order to cover the milk carton.
- Once the paint is dry, create the faces on each side. Let your little one get creative. Create people they know in their community if they like. We used paint to create the faces
- Use tacky glue or a hot glue gun to attach the yarn hair to the top of the milk carton. Give each face of the milk carton different yarn hair.
Milk Carton Faces Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Liquid Tempera Paint
- Paint Pallet
- Milk Carton
- Paint Brushes
- Quick Dry Tacky Glue or hot Glue gun
This activity is good for kids 4 years and up. My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.