Paper Plate Rainbow Craft is an adorable rainbow craft for toddlers and preschoolers! A fun colour matching and fine motor craft for Spring! This craft is also makes a great craft to make for St. Patrick’s Day.
Supplies for Paper Plate Rainbow Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Paper Plate
- Cotton balls
- Construction paper
- Googley eyes
- String or Yarn
How to Make a Paper Plate Rainbow Craft
- Grab your supplies.
- Cut your paper plate in half.
- Cut out strips for the rainbow from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple construction paper.
- For toddlers use a marker to identify the order of the colours of the rainbow. Invite them to glue down each strip to the bottom of the paper plate.
- Turn the plate over and invite your child to squeeze glue all over the paper plate and then stick cotton balls in the glue. Cover the entire paper plate with cotton balls. I like to fluff out my cotton balls so they go further and they also look fluffier on the craft.
- Add googley eyes to the cotton ball.
- Turn the plate over and attach a piece of string or yarn using tape.
- Hang up cloudy rainbow craft in your child’s room!
This activity is good for kids 2 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler or kindergartner? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!