Looking to do some fun and new activities with your toddler or preschooler this Spring? Then this is the list for you! Over 50 spring activities for kids from learning activities, crafts, sensory and more!
Spring has sprung and it’s the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine with your kids! From picnics in the park to flower crafts, there are endless ways to celebrate the season and make memories with your little ones. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best spring activities for kids that are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
Whether your child loves getting their hands dirty in the garden or prefers to explore nature on a nature walk, there’s something for everyone when it comes to springtime fun. So let’s make the most of this special season by exploring all the joys and wonders that springtime has to offer.
WILL YOU TRY ANY OF THESE SPRING ACTIVITIES WITH YOUR KIDS? PIN IT FOR LATER!
This list of fun spring activities includes everything from learning activities to fine and gross motor and arts & crafts. The activities are fun for kids of all ages. The learning activities can be modified for toddlers, preschoolers or older children. The arts and crafts are fun for all ages!
Books About Spring
To introduce the Spring theme to your toddler or preschooler I like to use books! Here is great selection of books about spring.
- Welcome Back Spring!
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- When Spring Comes
- It’s Spring
- Who’s Awake in Springtime
- Mud Puddle
To help you get the most out of our list I have it organized into 3 easy sections:
- Spring Sensory Bins (including sensory bags, bottles and play dough!)
- Spring Activities (including learning activities from letters, numbers, fine motor and more)
- Spring Arts & Crafts
OK, are you ready to welcome in spring? I hope you will enjoy all of these amazing spring activities for kids from some amazing blogs!
Spring Sensory Bins
- Spring Bug Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Flour Frogs Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Rock Garden Sensory Bin – The Picky Apple
- Spring Flower Sensory Bin – Days with Grey
- Spring Sensory Bin and Pouring Station – Mommy Evolution
- Muddy Puddle Shape Sensory Bag – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Dig and Plant Indoor Garden Sensory Bin – View from the Step Stool
- Jumbo Pasta Spring Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime for My Bored Toddler
- Planting Flowers Sensory Bin – Frugal Fun 4 Boys
- Bird Sensory Bin – FireFlies and Mudpies
- Pom Pom Seed Garden Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Spring and Bugs Sensory Bin – Fun with Mama
- Tulip Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Bugs in the Sensory Table – PreKinders
- Spring Sensory Bin for Toddlers – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Gardening Sensory Bin – Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Bird Seed Kitchen – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Nature Inspired Spring Sensory Bin – The Chaos and the Clutter
- Frog & Pond Habitat Sensory Bin – Life Over Cs
- Wiggly Worm Sensory Bin – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Flower Ice Cube Sensory Play – The Craft Train
- Rubber Duck Pong Sensory Bag – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Flowers and Pom Poms Sensory Bins – My Bored Toddler
- Garden Sensory Bin – Mess for Less
- Garden Sensory Bottle – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Spring Garden Sensory Bin – 3 Princesses and 1 Dude
- Water Beads in Mud Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Caterpillar Pom Pom Counting
- Easy Dot Marker Rainbow
- Caterpillar Number Match
- Mud Kitchen Set Up For Kids
- Stick Ladder Outdoor Gross Motor Activity
- Cloudy Day Sticky Wall – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Cotton Ball Flower Painting – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Letter Matching Garden – Simply Learning Kids
- Spring Flower Fine Motor Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Sticky Flower Garden Sensory Art for Kids – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Squish the Bug Gross Motor Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Feed the Caterpillar Pom Pom Drop – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Ball Bug Tennis: Indoor Gross Motor Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Seed Bombs Activity for Kids – The Inspiration Edit
Spring Art & Crafts
- Potato Masher Ladybug Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Dandelion Snail Threading Board
- How to Make a Bug Hotel Craft: Fun Craft for Kids
- Easy Nature Butterfly Sticky Wall Craft
- Cupcake Liner Flowers Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Spring Suncatchers – I Can Teach My Child
- Paper Plate Umbrella Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Homemade Cardboard Bird Feeder – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Paper Plate Birds Nest Craft for Preschoolers – Natural Beach Living
- Easy Spring Trees using Q-Tips – Projects with Kids
- Torn Paper Rain Boot Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Hammering Flowers Art – Taming Little Monsters
- Bubble Art Butterflies – Red Ted Art
- Mess Free Muddy Truck Painting – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Nature Suncatcher using Recycled Materials – Little Pine Learners
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Rocking Paper Plate Ladybug Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Garden Nature Art – an outdoor process art activity for kids – The Craft Train
- Egg Carton Bug Craft – Fun with Mama
- Q-Tip Painted Tulips – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Potato Masher Chick Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Caterpillar and Butterflies Craft – Kids Craft Room
- Washi Tape Butterfly Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Yarn Wrapped Caterpillar and Butterflies Craft – Kids Craft Room
- Egg Carton Flowers – I Heart Arts and Crafts
- Paper Plate Snail Craft This n That with Oliva
- Sponge Painted Cherry Blossoms – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Paper Handprint Flower Bouquet – Kid Craft – Glued to My Craft
- Colourful Paper Bird Craft for Kids – I Heart Crafty Things
- HOW TO MAKE RAINDROP SUNCATCHERS – Pre-K Pages
Looking for More Spring Crafts & Activities? Check out these useful resources:
- Butterfly Crafts
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts & Activities
- Bee Crafts
- Ladybug Crafts
- Spring Sensory Bins
- Paper Plate Crafts for Spring
- Chick Crafts
These crafts are good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up. My kids are 5, 5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for these crafts varies.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.