Pack your creative gear and get ready for a camping-inspired craft, Tents by the Campfire Craft that brings the magic of the great outdoors right into your living room! We’re excited to share an engaging and imaginative DIY project that combines the cozy charm of tents with the warm glow of campfires. Let’s pitch our artistic tents and ignite our crafty campfires!
WILL YOU MAKE A TENTS BY THE CAMPFIRE CRAFT WITH YOUR CHILD? Pin it for later!
Before we begin, gather these materials for your Tents by the Campfire Craft:
- White cardstock or watercolor paper
- Watercolor paints and brushes
- Oil pastels
- Construction paper (various colors)
- Twigs or small sticks
- Glue or glue gun
- Markers or colored pencils (optional)
- Tray or surface for crafting
Paint the Background
- On white cardstock or watercolor paper, draw little stars using a yellow oil pastel.
- Paint the entire background a dark blue for the night sky. Set it aside to dry.
- Cut out the rolling hills or semi-circles from green construction paper. Glue them to the bottom of the page.
Crafting the Tents By The Campfire:
- Cut out the two small triangles from different coloured construction paper. Cutout asmalldoorfromwhite paper. Glue the white door to the triangle. Glue the triangle tent to the rolling green hills.
- Then find three sticks that fit around the construction paper tent. Break them to make then the right size. Use then to frame the triangle tents. Glue them down.
Assembling the Campfire:
- Construct the Fire: Arrange two small twigs in a X shape near the two tents. Use a glue gun or strong glue to secure them together and two the page.
- Cut Out the Flames: Out of yellow, red and orange construction paper cut out small flame. Glue the three coloured flame above the twigs.
Crafting Connection and Creativity:
This DIY Tent and Campfire Craft not only sparks creativity but also fosters imaginative play and storytelling. Crafting together provides an opportunity for quality time, where kids can share their ideas and create lasting memories. With every brushstroke and smudge of pastel, your child’s imagination is the limit as they bring their mini camping adventure to life!
Step into the world of creativity and camping with this engaging and crafty adventure. The DIY Tents by the Campfire Craft combines the joy of crafting with the magic of imaginative play, allowing kids to explore the great outdoors right from the comfort of their own home. Through a combination of watercolors, oil pastels, construction paper, and twigs, kids will create a camping scene that’s as cozy as it is creative. So, set up your crafting space, gather your materials, and get ready to pitch a tent and ignite a campfire of artistic fun!
This activity is good for toddlers aged children 3 years old and up with adult assistance.
The mess level for this activity is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.