INSIDE: Stained Glass Window tissue paper Mother’s Day Card is a beautiful and easy card for kids to make mom for Mother’s Day. Create a colourful card using tissue paper!
Tissue Paper Stained Glass Window
I love this Mother’s Day card because it uses one of my favourite materials – contact paper – a super sticky translucent material that is great for crafts and activities with kids. The idea for this card was to create a simple stained glass window on a card using brightly coloured tissue paper and contact paper. The results were wonderful and it was a lot of fun to make.
Check out these other fun DIY Crafts and Card the Kids can make for Mother’s Day?
- 15+ Beautiful Mother’s Day Flower Ideas Kids Can Make
- 21+ Mother’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- 20+ DIY Mother’s Day Gifts Kids Can Make
How to Create the Tissue Paper Mother’s Day Card
- Grab a sheet of card stock. Fold it in half to create a card.
- Lay the card stock out flat and cut out a rectangle on the front of the card using a box cutter.
- Take your contact paper and cut out a sheet large enough to fit across the rectangle on the card.
- Peel the back off the contact paper and stick the paper on the inside of the card with the sticky face out.
- Cut out tissue paper into squares and hand them to your little one.
- Invite them to decorate and cover the entire sticky paper (or contact paper) with the tissue paper.
- For older kids have them write their own message inside the cards.
My twins are 3 years old. This activity is great for toddlers 2.5 years old with assistance and up.
This Tissue Paper Mother’s Day Craft is great for developing the following skills:
- Colour recognition
- Language development
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor skills
- Imaginative play
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White Card Stock
- Colourful tissue paper
- Con-Tact Paper