You can’t go wrong creating a colorful wrist bird craft with your kids with spring or anytime of the year! This is a great idea to set up during a spring, animal or bird unit!
How to Make Wrist Birds Craft for Kids
- Grab your cardboard tube and measure and cut construction paper large enough to wrap around it.
- Cut out a strip of construction paper about 3 inches or 5 cm wide. Make sure its long enough to wrap around the tube. Glue this to the top of the tube. This will be the birds head.
- Cut out a arch from construction paper. Glue this to the belly of the bird.
- Decorate the bird face. Use dot stickers for eyes. Stick on two dot stickers and use a marker to draw the eyes.
- For the beak, cut out a triangle from foam paper and stick it on under the eyes.
Give your First Bird Craft Wings
- Glue to fluffy feather to the sides of the bird for wings.
- Glue another fluffy fleather to the top of the bird just inside the tube.
- Finally, use tape to tape two or three quill feathers together, Then use glue toglue them to the back of the wrist bird.
Put your Bird on Your Wrist
- Place your bird on your wrist and make sure the tail feathers are on the other side of your wrist.
- Use a single hole punch to punch a hole in the bottom of the cardboard board on either side. You want to make sure to punch the holes towards the back of the bird so that the tail feathers won’t rest on your child’s wrist.
- Twist two pipe cleaners together.
- Slide one end through the holes. Place the bird on your child’s wrist and twist the pipe cleaner ends together to secure it on their wrists.
This activity is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up. My kids are 5, 5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies Wrist Bird Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.
- Cardboard tube
- Construction paper
- Fluffy feathers
- Quill feathers
- Masking tape
- Dot stickers
- Foam sheet
- Single hole punch
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.