The Chinese New Year is a celebration heavy in traditions that are wonderful to explore with kids of all ages. These Chinese paper lantern crafts are a fun way to learn more about the Spring Lantern Festival.
What is the Chinese Lantern Festival?
On the 15th day of the first lunar month, two weeks after Chinese New Year, another important traditional Chinese festival, the Chinese Lantern Festival (元宵节), is celebrated. It marks the first full moon of the new lunar year and the end of the Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) period. Chinese Lantern Festival 2023 will be celebrated on February 5th in 2023.
Looking for more Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year crafts and activities? Check out these fun posts:
- Year of the Rabbit Crafts for Chinese New Year
- 30+ Chinese New Year Crafts & Activities
- 15+ Chinese Dragon Crafts for Kids
- Free Chinese New Year Coloring Pages
Chinese Lantern Crafts for Kids
1. How to Make a Chinese Lantern- A Chinese New Year Craft
2. Easy Chinese New Year’s Rounded Lanterns to Make with your Kids
3. How to make Chinese lanterns
4. Paper Lanterns
5. Simple Chinese lantern craft for kids | printable template
6. Chinese New Year Lantern Craft
7. Chinese Paper Lanterns
8. Tissue Paper Chinese Lantern
9. Chinese Lantern Collage Craft
10. Chinese Paper Lantern Suncatcher
11. Chinese New Year Craft
12. Mosaic Chinese Lantern Craft
13. Chinese New Year Easy Paper Lantern Decorations
Books & TV Show!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.