Looking for a creative way to celebrate Chinese New Year on the Lunar Calendar? These fun Chinese dragon crafts are just the thing!
These dragon crafts are great way to learn and celebrate the Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year with you child.
The Meaning of the Dragon Symbol
In Chinese culture the dragon symbolizes great power, good luck, wisdom and health. Dragon dances are an important part of New Year celebrations.
They are thought to be a way to scare away evil entities and a way to call out good luck to people. It is considered lucky if one is touched by a (dragon dance) dragon.
Looking for more Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year crafts and activities? Check out these fun posts:
- Year of the Rabbit Crafts for Chinese New Year
- 30+ Chinese New Year Crafts & Activities
- 10+ Chinese Lantern Crafts for Kids
- Free Chinese New Year Coloring Pages
Chinese Dragon Crafts for Kids
Use a toilet paper roll to create a rainbow dragon your little one can blow!
2. Bubble Print Dragon
Use bubble wrap to create a textured dragon craft for Chinese New Year.
- Bubble Wrap
- Red construction paper (substitute red construction paper for green)
- Red paint
- Paint brush
- Orange and black construction paper
- Googley eyes
How to Make a Bubble Wrap Dragon
- Cut out the head of the dragon from red construction paper.
- Paint the bubble wrap red. Place the head on top of the bubble wrap with the paint and press down. Set it aside to dry.
- Once dry, glue on the googley eyes.
- Cut out eye browns, ears and horns from red construction paper. Glue them to the head.
- Cut out two ovals from the black construction paper. Glue them to the dragon’s face.
- Cut out flames from orange construction paper. Glue them to the black oval nostrils.
Create a colourful dragon using handprints.
This printable dragon makes a great craft and pretend play toy for kids.
Create a magical dragon from one paper plate by Learn with Play at Home.
Check out these cardboard Chinese dragon puppets that are so cute!
Make this gorgeous Chinese Dragon Craft to add a touch of good fortune and wealth to your home!
How roarsome is our toilet roll chinese dragon puppet craft?
Create this lovely Dragon to display in your setting year after year by Lottie Makes.
Books & TV Show!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.