AHEAD: You will find 20+ amazing Black moms on Instagram who share the creative learning activities they do with their young children.
No matter what colour you are, we all know that life with young children is HARD!
I created a roundup talented black moms who share the imaginative and fun learning activities they do with their little ones at home. From Montessori inspired activities to creative arts & crafts to unique sensory bins and more. This round up of Black mothers and educators is a great resources for any parent looking for inspiration and ways to encourage learning in their own homes.
Why am I highlighting Black Mothers and Educators
By highlighting Black mothers and educators who run activity accounts on Instagram, I am not leaving activity accounts run by mothers of different races and backgrounds out of the conversation. Instead I am trying to add more Black female voices, which have traditionally been muted in our society, to the conversation of parenting.
Although the kids’ activity space has always been welcoming and inclusive. Because as moms we know the struggles of raising littles is real for everyone. In this post I wanted to use my platform to help amplify these Black mothers and educators. I hope in doing so you can join me in recognizing their talents without feeling I am somehow putting them above anyone else.
Check out these 20+ imaginative Black moms on Instagram for amazing ways to make life with toddlers, preschoolers or kindergartners easier!
Black Moms on Instagram to Follow
3. Meet Canadian educator @educate_w_wonder. She’s a Registered Early Childhood Educator who shares hands on learning experiences and learning opportunities through play and wonder. She is amazing with loose parts play.
4. Nicole @polishedplayhouse is a mom, interior design enthusiast and early childhood expert. She is passionate about early learning, and ensuring that all children have equitable access to high quality public education. Check out her beautiful blog The Polished Playhouse here.
7. Yanique @kiddiematters is a former school social worker turned stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. Check out her blog Kiddie Matters where she shares creative ways to help children learn social and emotional skills.
9. Montessori Madre is a Montessori mom to a busy toddler.
10. Jamila @littlemissgirlchild is a mom and Montessori educator.
11. Karina @karinacarina_ is a mom to an adventurous toddler sharing Montessori inspired homeschool preschool ideas.
13. Sulamita @obrincardaisa is a mama from Rio de Janeiro who loves doing creative games and activities with her two kids.
16. Crystal @littlecupcakepreschool
17. Meet Chicago and toddler mama Lanée @mama.and.og.
18. Meet Khay @everydaywithindie homeschooling mama of 2 sharing purposely creative play ideas.
19. Meet @raisingyannis sharing Montessori inspired activities.
20. Meet Diona @alldayeverydaymom mom of 3 sharing homeschooling ideas and tips.
21. Meet homeschooling mama @_nakiawashington.
22. Meet Cali girl and teacher turned SAHM @thecinnamonmom.
23. Meet Deniece, toddler mom sharing fun toddler educational and play ideas @learningwithamiyah.
24. Meet @mama.knows.
25. Meet creative @mamaspicemagic sharing daily crafts, sensory play, toy reviews and books!
Looking for other Black parents to follow on Instagram? Check out this blog post of 20 Black Parents on Instagram Who Instill a Love of Reading in Their Children from Charnaie @hereweread.
Pre-order your copy of my new book of sensory bins: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids: 60 Easy Creative Play Projects that Boost Brain Development, Calm Anxiety and Build Fine Motor Skills coming out October 27, 2020!