Are your kids fans of the dark side? If so, they’ll love this fun and easy Paper Bag Darth Sidious craft! We’ll show you how to make your very own Darth Sidious puppet using a paper bag and a few simple craft supplies. This is a great activity for kids who love Star Wars and want to bring their favorite characters to life.
Darth Sidious, also known as Emperor Palpatine, is one of the most iconic villains in the Star Wars universe. With his sinister cackle and dark powers, he’s sure to capture the imagination of any young Star Wars fan. This craft is a great way to introduce your kids to the character and encourage their creativity.
Whether your kids want to put on a puppet show or simply play with their new Darth Sidious toy, this craft is sure to provide hours of entertainment. So grab a paper bag and get ready to make a Sith Lord puppet that’s out of this world!
WANT TO TRY MAKING THIS DARTH SIDIOUS PAPER BAG PUPPET WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT NOW, FIND IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- Paper bag (brown or white)
- Black, red, yellow and white construction paper
- Oil pastels or markers
- Paint sticks
- Double sided tape
- Cardboard tube
Make Darth Sidious’ Head
- Cut out a circle for white paper and dray gray lines all over it for the Darth Sidious’s wrinkles.
- Use oil pastels or markers to dry his mouth and eyebrows.
- Cut out two large red circle, a slightly smaller yellow circle and a slight smaller still black circle from construction paper and glue them together create Darth Sidious’ eyes. Glue these to his head.
Make Darth Sidious’ Body
- Measure and cut a black rectangle large enough to cover the paper bag. Place the paper bag with the bottom facing up and glue the construction paper to the bottom.
- Glue the head on the bottom of the paper bag.
Make Darth Sidious’ Cloak
- Take a large sheet of black contruction paper. If you don’t have one, tape two sheet together.
- Make two cuts on either side of the paper.
- Place the paper bag in the middle.
- Fold the sides down on either side of the bag. Fold them again
- Then fold the middle down to create a peak.
- Glue the paper bag puppet on the middle of the cloak.
- Use glue or double sided tape the secure the cloak on either side of the puppet and one piece on the top.
Make Darth Sidious’ Lightsaber
- Colour in a paper towel roll using paint sticks to make the light saber.
- Attach it to the side of the puppet using double sided tape.
This craft is a great way to get kids interested in Star Wars and encourage their creativity. So go ahead and embrace the power of the dark side with this fun and easy Paper Bag Darth Sidious craft!
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up.
The mess level for this craft is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.