Are your kids fans of the dark side of the Force? If so, they’ll love this fun and easy Paper Bag Darth Vader craft! Make your very own Darth Vader puppet using a paper bag and a few simple craft supplies. This is a great activity for kids who love Star Wars and want to bring their favorite characters to life.
Darth Vader is one of the most recognizable and iconic characters in the Star Wars universe. With his imposing black armor and iconic breathing sounds, he’s sure to capture the imagination of any young Star Wars fan. This craft is a great way to introduce your kids to the character and encourage their creativity.
Whether your kids want to put on a puppet show or simply play with their new Darth Vader toy, this craft is sure to provide hours of entertainment. So grab a paper bag and get ready to make a Sith Lord puppet that’s out of this world!
WANT TO TRY MAKING THIS DARTH VADER PAPER BAG PUPPET WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT NOW, FIND IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- Paper bag
- Black and gray construction paper
- Paint sticks
- Cardboard Tube
- Double Sided tape
How to Make A Darth Vader Paper Bag Craft
Make Vaders Helmut
- Start by cutting out the Darth Vader mask outline, tracing it on black construction paper and cutting it out.
- From gray construction paper cut out the ridges on Vader’s mask. Two curved lines and one straight one. See the picture below for reference. Glue them onto the top of the mask, in the middle and the straight one at the top. This will create Darth Vader’s mask.
- Cut out eyes from gray construction paper and glue it just below the ridges.
- Cut out a small triangle of black construction paper. Use a white oil pastel or chalk to draw lines on the triangle. This is Vader’s air intake on his Helmut.
- Glue the triangle just below his eyes.
- Cut three small circles from gray construction paper and glue them onto the corners of the air intake triangle.
Make Vader’s Body
- Measure and cut a piece of black construction paper large enough completely cover the bottom of the paper bag. Glue it on the bag. Make sure the bottom of the bag is facing up.
- Cut out a smaller rectangle from gray paper and several smaller square and rectangles from different colours. These will be the buttons on Vader’s belt.
Make Vader’s Lightsaber
- Use paint sticks to color the bottom of a paper towel roll black and the top red.
- Place a piece of double sided tape on the side of the Vader paper bag. remove the paper backing and stick your lightsaber on it.
Your Paper Bag Darth Vader Puppet is now complete! Use the bag as a puppet and put on a show, or simply display it as a fun decoration.
This craft is a great way to get kids interested in Star Wars and encourage their creativity. So go ahead and join the dark side with this fun and easy Paper Bag Darth Vader craft!
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up.
The mess level for this craft is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.