If you’re looking for an activity that’s both fun and easy to set up, why not create a DIY slip ‘n slide for your kids? Summer is just around the corner, and what better way to enjoy the season than by spending time outdoors with your family and friends? With just a few common materials found in your backyard, you can create a thrilling water slide that will keep your little ones entertained for hours.
Not only is making your own slip and slide a great way to beat the heat, but it’s also a fantastic opportunity to get creative and have some fun with your kids. Plus, it’s an affordable alternative to buying a pre-made water slide, and you can customize it to fit your own backyard space and personal preferences.
We’ll show you how to make a DIY slip and slide for kids using common materials found in your backyard. From using a tarp or plastic sheeting to incorporating bubbles, there are endless possibilities to create a fun and exciting water slide that your kids will love. So, let’s get started and create some summertime memories!
- Heavy-duty plastic sheeting (at least 10 feet long and 6 feet wide)
- Landscape anchor pins (at least 6)
- Garden hose
WANT TO TRY THESE DIY SLIP ‘N SLIDE FOR YOUR KIDS LATER? PIN IT NOW, SO YOU CAN FIND IT EASILY WHEN YOU NEED IT!
How to Make a DIY Slip ‘N Slide for Kids
Step by Step Instructions
- Choose a location for your slip and slide. Make sure that the area is flat and free of any rocks, sticks, or other debris that could potentially cause injury. It’s also important to ensure that the area is wide enough to accommodate the length of your slip and slide.
- Roll out your heavy-duty plastic sheeting on the ground. If necessary, cut it to the desired length using a pair of scissors.
- Secure the edges of the plastic sheeting to the ground using landscape anchor pins. Place the pins at least 2 feet apart, starting at one end of the plastic sheeting and working your way to the other end.
- Hammer the landscape anchor pins into the ground, making sure that they are firmly in place.
- Once the plastic sheeting is secured to the ground, turn on your garden hose and wet the entire surface of the plastic sheeting.
- Apply a small amount of dish soap or baby shampoo to the surface of the plastic sheeting. This will help to reduce friction and make it easier to slide.
- Turn on the garden hose and let the water flow onto the plastic sheeting, creating a slick surface for sliding.
- Test out your slip and slide by running and jumping onto the plastic sheeting. Adjust the water flow as necessary to create the perfect level of slipperiness.
- Enjoy your homemade slip and slide with friends and family!
Genius Summer Idea
Creating your own slip and slide is an easy and fun DIY project that can provide hours of entertainment during the summer months. With just a few simple materials and some basic tools, you can create a slick and slippery surface for sliding and splashing. So why not give it a try and see how much fun you can have with your own homemade slip and slide?
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.