Happy Earth Day! It’s time to celebrate our planet and show it some love with an exciting name craft using a paper plate and tissue paper. This easy and fun craft is perfect for kids of all ages and is a great way to teach them about the importance of protecting the environment.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of creating your own Earth Day name craft using a paper plate and tissue paper. This craft is not only a fun way to celebrate Earth Day, but it also helps kids develop their fine motor skills and creativity.
So, grab your materials and let’s get started! By the end of this post, you’ll have a beautiful and personalized piece of art that celebrates our planet and reminds us of the importance of taking care of it. Let’s get crafting and make this Earth Day one to remember!
WANT TO TRY THIS EARTH DAY NAME CRAFT WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT FOR LATER!
- Paper plate
- Green and blue tissue paper
- Double side tape
- Red construction paper
- Skin tone construction paper
How to Make A Earth day Name Craft
- Cut green and blue tissue paper in squares. Apply glue to the entire surface of the paper plate. Place the green and blue tissue paper pieces onto the glue, overlapping them to create a mosaic-style pattern.
- Once the entire plate is covered in tissue paper, allow it to dry completely.
- While the plate is drying, cut out small hearts shape from red construction paper. Write each letter of your name in the center of each heart using a marker or pen.
- Trace and cut out two hand shapes from skin tone construction paper. These will be used to hold the paper plate.
- Once the paper plate is dry, take the two hand shapes and apply glue to the bottom of them. Attach the bottom to the back of the paper plate. Use double sided tape to stick the fingers down on the front. Leaving space in the middle for the heart letters.
- Use glue or double sided tape to secure the hearts with your name onto the center of the plate, down the middle.
- Your Earth Day name craft is complete! Display it proudly as a reminder to care for our planet and to celebrate Earth Day.
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up. My kids are 5, 5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this craft.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.