Get ready to add some color and cheer to your home with an exciting coffee filter flower craft for kids! This is a perfect activity for a rainy day or a lazy afternoon, as it’s easy, fun, and requires only a few simple supplies. In just a few steps, you can transform a plain coffee filter into a beautiful and vibrant flower that will brighten up any space.
This craft is perfect for kids of all ages, as it allows them to experiment with colors and shapes while also honing their motor skills. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to teach them about the beauty of nature and the importance of recycling and repurposing materials.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of making your own coffee filter flowers. We’ll provide you with tips and tricks for achieving the perfect colors and shapes, as well as ideas for how to display your finished creations. So, grab your coffee filters, some markers, and let’s get started on this exciting and colorful craft!
RELATED: Coffee Filter Crafts for Kids
WANT TO TRY THIS COFFEE FILTER FLOWER CRAFT WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT FOR LATER!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Coffee filters
- Washable markers
- Spray bottle
- Green pipe cleaners
How to Make Coffee Filter Flower Craft
- Start by laying out your coffee filters on a flat surface such as a tray or baking sheet. You will need one coffee filter for each flower that you want to make.
- Using washable markers, color the entire coffee filter. You can use any color or combination of colors that you like to create your unique flower.
- Once the coffee filter is colored, spray it with water to cover the entire coffee filter. Watch as the colour blend and mix! Set them aside to dry.
- Once dry, you can stack two or three coffee filters to make a flower or just use one.
- Hold the stack of coffee filters in the center and then fold them in half.
- Fold the folded coffee filters in half again, and then once more, until you have a small triangle shape.
- OPTIONAL: Using scissors to cut out petals on the rounded side of the triangle.
- Take a green pipe cleaner and wrap it around the pointed end of the coffee filter flower, twisting the ends of the pipe cleaner together to secure it in place.
- Unfold the coffee filters to reveal a flower shape. Fluff up the petals with your fingers to create a full and rounded shape.
- You can make as many coffee filter flowers as you like, experimenting with different colors and patterns. These beautiful flowers are perfect for decorating the home or classroom and are sure to brighten up any space.
By following these simple steps, you can create a whole bouquet of colorful and unique coffee filter flowers that are perfect for springtime. Whether you’re a parent, teacher, or caregiver, this craft is a great way to engage kids in a fun and educational activity that promotes creativity, fine motor skills, and imaginative thinking. So grab your markers, coffee filters, and pipe cleaners, and let’s get crafting!
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up. My kids are 5, 5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this craft.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.