Flip flops are a staple for any summer holiday. And no your kids can craft a unique pair of their own in this fun and easy summer flip flop craft for kids! They will almost be pretty enough to actually wear! This is a fun craft for great little and big kids to try this summer!
How to Make A Flip Flop Craft
- Grab a piece of thin cardboard and trace your child’s feet on it. Make a little mark in-between their big toe and the second toe (between the toes you normally wear flip flops). Cut out foot outline.
- Use markers, crayons, paint (note: you will have to wait till it dries to finish the craft) or oil pastels to decorate your flip flops. The more color the better!
- Poke a hole at the mark you made in between the toes.
- Thread two pipe cleaners through and secure the ends with a piece of tape on the underside of the cardboard.
- Decorate the pipe cleaners with pony beads.
- Poke two more holes in the back just past the middle of the shoe on either side of the shoe.
- Slide each end of the pipe through and secure it on the underside with tape.
- Try on your flip-flops!
Age Suitability for this Flip Flop Craft
This craft is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 4, 4, and 8 year old.
This is a mess level is low.
Difficulty to Create
Low to Medium. Younger children will need help with cutting and poking. Older children may need help with cutting.
Skills Developed Flip Flop Craft
Hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Flip Flop Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Thin piece of cardboard such as a cereal box
- Markers, oil pastels, pencil crayons, crayons
- 2 pipe cleaners
- Pony Beads
- Bamboo stick or something to poke holes
Looking for more summer activity ideas? Check out of these other round-ups for more ways to stay busy this summer:
- 25+ Outdoor Water Activities to Keep Kids Cool This Summer
- 40+ Awesome Outdoor Learning Activities for Kids
- 30+ Easy Outdoor Art Projects for Kids
- 60+ Awesome Outdoor Activities for Kids
- 45+ Awesome Water Sensory Bins for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 40+ Water Table Activities for Toddlers
- 21+ Spray Bottle Activities for Toddler
- 20 Amazing Backyard Obstacle Courses
- 21+ Amazing Summer Sensory Bins
- 40+ Ice Sensory Play
- 12 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Toddlers + Kids