INSIDE: This adorable stained glass snowman craft is the perfect indoor craft activity for a cold snowy day! Decorate the snowman’s belly with winter colours and create cute window decoration to brighten up those winter days! This unique sun catcher craft is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and use common household materials!
Books to combine with this Easy Snowman Craft for Kids
How to Make Stained Glass Snowman Craft
- Tear off a sheet of wax paper.
- Add a few drops of blue or white paint or a combination of both. Use a Pom Pom or circle sponge stamper or cork to mix the colours by stamping. Add silver or blue glitter.
- Grab another sheet of wax paper and carefully lay it over the painted wax paper to seal it. Cut out the extra wax paper.
- Fold a paper plate slightly and cut out the middle circle. This will be your snowman head.
- Cut out a nose from orange construction paper; scarf from red construction paper; hat from black construction paper. Glue these to the paper plate circle.
- Glue down black buttons for the mouth.
- Grab your wax paper painting and tape it to the back of your paper plate with the circle cut out the middle. The wax paper painting will become the snowman tummy.
- Glue down two buttons the tummy of the snowman
- Display in a window!
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Supplies for Easy Stained Glass Snowman Craft for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Paper Plate
- Black, brown, orange and red construction paper
- Googley Eye
- Small black Buttons
- Other colourful buttons
Make quiet time their favourite time!
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
My Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop my ready made sensory play kits here.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!