AHEAD: More than 20 fun and easy gluing activities for your toddler and preschooler. Hands-on learning ideas using glue!
Glue and Toddlers
Scared of letting your toddler or preschooler near a glue stick or glue bottle? I can feel your pain. I have two toddlers! But gluing is a fun way to entertain your toddler and preschooler and it can also be a great way to strengthen fine motor muscles.
How to Glue with Little Kids
When gluing with little kids you have a few options. You can use a glue bottle or a glue stick. Glue bottles are definitely a bit messier and harder for little kids to squeeze sometimes. They are also harder for them to control the flow and the amount they squeeze out. But with practice your toddler and preschooler will quickly learn to control and squeeze the bottle.
Glue sticks on the other hand are great for toddlers as they can easily control the amount of glue and the potential for mess is far less.
With both options make sure to choose washable glue so that if the glue gets on hands or clothing (or furniture), you can easily remove it with a cloth and warm water.
When setting up a gluing activity for my toddlers I will cover the entire table with Kraft paper. That way they can glue and if some of it lands off the page its not an issue!
Gluing Activities + Crafts for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Recycle Gluing (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Sensory Gluing Activity for Toddlers and Preschoolers (Counting to Ten)
- Introducing Glue to Toddlers (Craftulate)
- Homemade puffy paint recipe (Nuture Store)
- Match & Glue Preschool Fine Motor Activity (Busy Toddler)
- Teach Your Preschoolers Geometry with a Shape Train Activity (Stay At Hoe Educator)
- Heart Gluing Activity (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Salt, glue and watercolor paint process art activity (Nuture Store)
- SKILL BUILDING: GLUING ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS (The Empowered Provider)
- ART ACTIVITY: SQUARE COLLAGE (Mess for Less)
- Painting on Wet Glue (Housing a Forest)
- CREATIVE TABLE | INVITATION TO CREATE WITH GLUE + SAND (Tinker Lab)
- ELMER’S GEL GLUE BATIK APRONS (Pink and Green Mama)
- Glue Tracing: Prewriting Activity for Preschoolers (No Time for Flashcards)
- Toddler Gluing Activity (My Montessori Journey)
- Counting Practice and Number Recognition with Pumpkin Seeds (The Stay at Home Mom Survival Guide)
- Beans are for Gluing (Tinkerlab)
- Cut and Glue Station (Busy Toddler)
- Torn Paper Rainbow Craft (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Leaf Names: Gluing Activity for Preschoolers (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Button Counting: Toddler Gluing Activity (Happy Toddler Playtime) – You’ll need buttons, 3 sheets of white paper, Washable Glue Bottle and sharpie. Draw a shirt on each paper. Write 1 to 3 on each sheet above the shirt. Draw circles to represent the buttons that each shirt needs. Ask toddler to glue buttons to shirt.
22. Glue the Clouds (Happy Toddler Playtime) – You’ll need a blue sheet of construction paper, cotton balls and Glue Stick or Washable Glue Bottle. Have toddler glue clouds on the blue sky. You can pour dabs of glue and have them stick the cotton balls in the glue or have them do it.
I WROTE A BOOK OF SENSORY BINS
Pre-order your copy of my new book of sensory bins: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids: 60 Easy Creative Play Projects that Boost Brain Development, Calm Anxiety and Build Fine Motor Skills coming out October 27, 2020!