AHEAD: Handprint Heart Craft is a super easy and fun craft for toddlers and preschoolers to do this Valentine’s Day. It makes a wonderful keepsake and card for grandparents and loved ones.
Handprint crafts always make such wonderful keepsakes for you and for loved ones. There is no time better than Valentine’s Day to make a handprint craft. They are fun sensory craft for toddlers who get to dip their hands into paint on purpose and great for little ones who aren’t really into crafting. They are quick and easy and make a wonderful handmade card for loved ones!
Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
How to Make Handprint Heart Craft
- Fold a piece of white card stock or white construction paper in half.
- Grab pink, red or purple construction paper, fold it in half and cut out the outline a heart. Glue it to the outside of the folded white card.
- Grab a paper plate and pour out some washable paint in red, pink or purple. Let your little one dip their hand in the paper and cover their palm in the paint.
- Help toddlers with this part; let preschoolers do it themselves. Inside the heart create handprints in each half of the heart. Set it aside to dry.
- Once dry use a black sharpie to write your message on the outside and inside of the card.
- Optional: decorate with gem stickers.
Grab a blank sheet of paper and let your little one use up the paint making handprints on the blank sheet of paper.
Looking for more Fun Valentine’s Day Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 25+ Fun Valentines Day Activities for Toddlers
- 8 Valentines Day Sticky Walls
- 15+ Valentines Day Crafts for Toddlers
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White card stock or construction paper
- Pink, purple or red construction paper
- Pink, purple or red washable paints
- Paper Plate
- Black sharpie
- Gem stickers