AHEAD: Rocking Love Birds Valentine’s Craft is an adorable paper plate craft for toddlers and preschooler to do this Valentine’s Day. Create these beautiful birds as a card for a loved one or as a fun craft!
This year we are doing and making lots of fun and easy crafts that are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers especially with paper plates. I have twins so I know exactly what it can be like doing crafts with little ones. One of my twins really likes doing crafts but wants to do it their way and the other one will loose interest fast. So I know that the crafts has to be engaging for one and at the same time not to restrictive that the other one can’t do their own things!
Of all the crafts we did this Valentine’s, this is hands down my favourite. After doing the Rocking Rosa Parks Craft for Black History Month, I knew that I had to do another rocking paper plate craft. They are so fun and easy! So I decided to try doing Rocking Love Birds and they turned out to be amazing!
Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
How to Make Rocking Love Birds
- Choose a colour to paint your love bird. We used red and pink. Paint the bottom (under side) of your white paper plate. Set it aside to dry.
- Cut out a heart shape from red, pink or purple construction paper. Cut out a beak or a triangle in the same colour.
- Once your paper plate is dry, fold it in half. Glue the heart on to the middle of the plate as the love bird’s wing. Attached the triangle to the side of the plate using glue. This will be your love bird’s beak.
- Glue a googley eye near the beak.
- Decorate your love bird with gem stickers or regular heart stickers.
- Sit them up with the curved edge of the plate on the bottom and rock your love bird!
- You a black sharpie to write a message inside your paper plate Rocking Love Bird.
Looking for more Fun Valentine’s Day Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 25+ Fun Valentines Day Activities for Toddlers
- 8 Valentines Day Sticky Walls
- 15+ Valentines Day Crafts for Toddlers
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White Paper Plate
- Washable Kids Paint (pink, purple, or red)
- Gem stickers
- Googley eyes
- Red, Purple or Pink construction paper