One of my favorite materials to use with my 3 year old is – Contact Paper
It’s versatile – you can stick so many things on it.
It’s reusable – once you have stuck it up on the wall you can reuse the same piece of Contact Paper until it looses its stickiness.
It’s sticky – I don’t know a baby, toddler or preschooler who doesn’t like it when things stick to together. The very nature of Contact Paper make it such a great tool for learning and playing.
(This post contains affiliate links)
If you are looking for fun ways to use Contact Paperthrough out the year, check out 21 Amazing Sticky Wall Activities!
If this is your first time using contact paper you will quickly learn to love it. If you are looking for it at a store near you, try looking at a stationery store. Another great thing about contact paper is that it can actually be used more than once!
Preparing your Sticky Wall
Unroll the contact paper and cut off the size required for the activity. The back of the contact paper has lines that you can follow.
Contact paper has one side that is very sticky so unrolling it and taping it to the wall can be a little tricky. Here’s how I do it.
First, peel the paper backing to expose one small corner of the sticky paper, then tape that corner to the wall, sticky side facing out. Slowing peel back the backing to reveal the other corner, tape that side down. Repeat for the other two corners.
Now comes the fun part – the activities!
Valentine’s Day Activities Using Contact Paper
1. Counting Hearts Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
2. Tissue Paper and Contact Paper “Stained Glass” Window Decorating by Happy Hooligans
3. Sticky Heart Collage Art For Kids by I Heart Crafty Things
4. Tissue Paper Stained Glass Hearts by The Imagination Tree
5. Sticky Wall Colour Matching Game by Mama Papa Bubba
6. Valentine’s Day Rainbow Wall by No Time for Flash Cards
7. Valentine’s Day Window Art by Fun at Home with Kids
8. Valentine Necklace Craft by Adventures in Mommydom
WILL YOU TRY ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES USING CONTACT PAPER WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE THIS VALENTINE’S? Pin it for Later!