Sticky Walls! Who doesn’t love them! By their very nature they are completely made for babies, toddlers and preschoolers.
The sticky tactile surface is perfect for sticking up almost anything. In fact the surface itself is fun for your child to touch!
So in honour of one of my favourite items to do activities with, I have pulled together a fun list of activities where you can use sticky paper (or contact paper as it is also known as).
These activities can be done inside or outside; during Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer and are good for learning or just for play!
If this is your first time using contact paper you will quickly learn to love it. If you are looking for it at a store near you, try looking at a stationery store. Another great thing about contact paper is that it can actually be used more than once!
This post contains affiliate links.
Preparing your Sticky Wall
Unroll the contact paper and cut off the size required for the activity. The back of the contact paper has lines that you can follow.
Contact paper has one side that is very sticky so unrolling it and taping it to the wall can be a little tricky. Here’s how I do it.
First, peel the paper backing to expose one small corner of the sticky paper, then tape that corner to the wall, sticky side facing out. Slowing peel back the backing to reveal the other corner, tape that side down. Repeat for the other two corners.
Now comes the fun part – the activities!
Here is the list of FUN activities to do with contact paper:
I have broken the list down into 3 parts:
- Learning Activities;
- Seasonal Activities; and
- Arts & Crafts and Fun Activities.
Looking for more STICKY WALL activities?
Let’s get started!
Part I: Learning Sticky Wall Activities
1. Shape Sticky Wall Puzzles by Happy Toddler Playtime
2. Sticky Coin Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
3. Button Mural Number Recognition by No Time for Flash Cards
4. Leaf Name Sticky Wall by Inspiration Laboratories
5. Sticky Wall Matching Game for Preschoolers by Toddler Approved
6. Sticky Shape Wall by Busy Toddler
Part II: Seasonal Sticky Wall Activities
7. Fall Art for Kids – Pom Pom Tree by No Time for Flash Cards
8. Yarn Spider Web by Happy Toddler Playtime
9. Alphabet Spider Sticky Wall by Toddler Approved
10. Paint Chip Confetti Turkey by Happy Toddler Playtime
11. Sticky Wall Gingerbread Man Activity by Mom Inspired Life
12. Christmas Tree Sticky Wall- Decorating with Playdough by Happy Toddler Playtime
13. Flower Garden Sticky Wall by Crafts on Sea
Part III: Arts & Crafts and Fun Sticky Wall Activities
14. Contact Paper Butterfly Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
15. Paint Chip Confetti Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
16. Sticky Mural for Toddlers by I Can Teach My Child
17. Sticky Wall Pom Pom Drop by Happy Toddler Playtime
18. Quick and Easy Pom Pom Play by No Time For Flash Cards
19. Outside Sticky Wall by Busy Toddler
20. Create a Face Sticky Easel Activity by No Time for Flash Card
21. Playdough Sticky Wall Mural by Happy Toddler Playtime
WILL YOU TRY ANY OF THESE STICKY WALL ACTIVITIES WITH YOUR TODDLER OR PRESCHOOLER?
Purchase your supplies now on Amazon.com