Check out these amazing and fun winter sticky wall activities. These crafts and activities using contact paper are great for toddlers and preschoolers! Find tons of creative ways to craft and play indoors on those cold wintery days with all of these exciting activities using contact paper!
Contact Paper Activities
One of my favorite materials to use with my 3 year old is – Contact Paper
Contact Paper is versatile – you can stick so many things on it. It’s reusable – once you have stuck it up on the wall you can reuse the same piece of Contact Paper until it looses its stickiness.
Contact Paper is sticky – I don’t know a baby, toddler or preschooler who doesn’t like it when things stick to together. The very nature of Contact Paper make it such a great tool for learning and playing.
READ MORE… 60+ of the Best Sticky Wall Activities
If this is your first time using contact paper you will quickly learn to love it. If you are looking for it at a store near you, try looking at a stationery store. Another great thing about contact paper is that it can actually be used more than once!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
Putting Up Your Catching Snowflakes Sticky Wall
Contact paper has one side that is very very sticky, so unrolling it and taping it to a wall can be a little tricky. Here’s how I do it:
Stick the sticky wall up on the wall using small rolled up pieces of tape in the four corners. Make sure the paper backing side is facing out.
Peel the paper backing off to expose one small corner of the sticky paper. Continue peeling the paper backing off until one side is exposed. Tape that side down fully using Painter’s tape. This will ensure that it doesn’t fall down as your child is playing.
Slowing peel back the remaining paper backing and tape down the other side.
Step 4 (optional)
Remove the small rolled up pieces of tape from underneath the sticky wall. These rolled up pieces were just there to help you get the sticky wall set up and can be removed once your sticky wall fully up. But if you don’t mind them there you don’t have to remove them.
Follow the instructions for the particular sticky wall you want to create. Below are all my favorite winter activities using contact paper. Ae you ready to check them out?
Looking for more Fun Winter Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Low Prep Winter Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- 30+ Snow Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Snowflake Activities & Crafts
- How to Make Fake Snow with 2 ingredients
Now comes the fun part – the activities!
Contact Paper Winter Activities & Crafts
I have put together a fabulous list of the best Contact Paper ideas to do this winter. These winter sticky wall ideas make great indoor activities for toddlers and preschoolers. They are also wonderful ways to practice fine motor skills.
Ok ready? Here we go
Winter Sticky Walls
- Snowman Button Counting Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snow Window – Winter Activity for Kids by No Time for Flash Cards
- Festive Winter Window Decor by Kinder Craze
- Winter Tree Suncatcher Craft Using Tear Art by Buggy and Buddy
- Pom Pom Snowman Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snowman Suncatcher by Craftulate
- Build a Snowman by The Train Drivers Wife
- Snow Globe Art Project for Kids by One She Two She
- Winter Mitten Sun Catcher Kids Craft by Spot of Tea Designs
- Snowman Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snowflake Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snow Letters by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Letter P Sticky Wall Craft by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Penguin Sticky Wall Craft by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Polar Bear Sticky Wall Craft by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Winter Tree Sticky Wall Craft by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Catching Snowflakes Sticky Wall Craft by Happy Toddler Playtime