One of my favorite materials to use with my 3 year old is – Contact Paper
It’s versatile – you can stick so many things on it.
It’s reusable – once you have stuck it up on the wall you can reuse the same piece of Contact Paper until it looses its stickiness.
It’s sticky – I don’t know a baby, toddler or preschooler who doesn’t like it when things stick to together. The very nature of Contact Paper make it such a great tool for learning and playing.
(This post contains affiliate links)
If you are looking for fun ways to use Contact Paper through out the year, check out 21 Amazing Sticky Wall Activities.
If this is your first time using contact paper you will quickly learn to love it. If you are looking for it at a store near you, try looking at a stationery store. Another great thing about contact paper is that it can actually be used more than once!
Preparing your Sticky Wall
Unroll the contact paper and cut off the size required for the activity. The back of the contact paper has lines that you can follow.
Contact paper has one side that is very sticky so unrolling it and taping it to the wall can be a little tricky. Here’s how I do it.
First, peel the paper backing to expose one small corner of the sticky paper, then tape that corner to the wall, sticky side facing out. Slowing peel back the backing to reveal the other corner, tape that side down. Repeat for the other two corners.
Now comes the fun part – the activities!
Contact Paper Winter Activities & Crafts
I have put together a fabulous list of the best Contact Paper ideas to do this winter.
Ok ready? Here we go!
1. Snowman Button Counting Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
2. Snow Window – Winter Activity for Kids by No Time for Flash Cards
3. Festive Winter Window Decor by Kinder Craze
4. Winter Tree Suncatcher Craft Using Tear Art by Buggy and Buddy
5. Pom Pom Snowman Sticky Wall by Happy Toddler Playtime
6. Snowman Suncatcher by Craftulate
7. Build a Snowman by The Train Drivers Wife
8. Snow Globe Art Project for Kids by One She Two She
9. Winter Mitten Sun Catcher Kids Craft by Spot of Tea Designs
WILL YOU TRY USING CONTACT PAPER WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE THIS WINTER? Pin it for Later!