INSIDE: Looking for fun and creative indoor or outdoor snow activities for toddlers and preschoolers? Here are a great list fun and easy ways to make snowy days indoors or outdoors even more enjoyable for your kids.
I love winters mostly for the snow. I am not a huge fan of the cold. This Christmas the theme of my gifts were ways to keep mommy warm while she skiis! But snow, I do love. So when we get a big dump of it outside, like we did this year (one good things in 2020!), I love taking the kids out to play in it of course but I also love bringing snow inside!
Outdoor Snow Activities
There are tons of things you can do with snow outdoors. Sledding, build a snowman or a snow fort to name a few. But this list is all about the ideas you probably would never think of to do with your kids. Things such as building a bird feeders or making snow volcanoes or making frozen snow bubbles! This list is sure to keep your little one learning and playing in the snow all winter long!
Indoor Snow Activities
Have you ever brought snow inside your house to play with? It’s a lot easier than you think and tons of fun! All you need is a sensory bin (see below) and a few towels. And once armed with this list you will have tons of super easy ways to keep your toddler or preschooler entertained in doors during snowy or blustery days when going outside to play in the snow isn’t possible.
Looking for more Fun Winter Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Winter Activities for Kids
- Amazing Winter Sticky Wall Activities
- 20+ Snowflake Crafts & Activities
Indoor Snow Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Snow Puzzle – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Paint the Snow – Busy Toddler
- Snow Kitchen – Happy Toddler Playtime
- How to Make Snow Paint – Crafty Morning
- Snow Dinosaurs – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Indoor and Edible Snowman – Toddler Approved
- Cookie Cutters and Snow – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Car and Ramps in Snow – Inspiration Laboratories
- Indoor Snow Play with Cars – What We Do All Day
- Painting On Snow – Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Snow Counting Preschooler Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snowball Faces – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Snow Art – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Paint Made with Snow – Messy Little Monsters
- Snow Marble Run – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Colour Mixing in Snow – Views from the Step Stool
- Snow Letter Hunt – No Time for Flashcards
- Snow Sensory Bin – Happy Hooligans
- Melting Snow Experiment – Fun Learning For Kids
- Snow Science Explorations for Kids – Inspiration Laboratories
Outdoor Snow Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- The Best Winter Backyard Obstacle Course – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Playing with Sticks and Stones in the Snow – Happy Hooligans
- Snow Volcanoes – Science Sparks
- Glow Sticks in Snow – Simple Fun for Kids
- How to Make a Snow Bird Feeder – Fire Flies and Mud Pies
- Flavoured Snow Ice Cream – Play Ground Park Bench
- How to Make Frozen Bubbles – Fire Flies and Mud Pies
- Creating Colorful Icicles – Housing a Forest
- Potato Heads in Snow – Happy Hooligans
- Freeze Colored Water for Kids to Hunt in the Snow – Life with Moore Babies
- Spray Painting Snow – Simple Fun for Kids
- Exploring Animal Tracks in the Snow – Kcedventures
- “Diamond Dig” – A Snowy Sensory Bin – Happy Hooligans
- Letter Snowball Toss – How We Learn
- Snow Maze – Life With Moore Babies
- Winter Picnic with Kids, Fun Backyard Decorating Ideas – Lush On Me
- Exciting Winter Weather Math Games – Green Kids Crafts
- Make A Snow Road – How Wee Learn
- Make snow tracks.
- Draw shapes in the snow and toss snowballs as old in them.
- Play tic-tac-toe.
- Host Winter Olympics.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)