Mother’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to show mom you care than with a homemade gift? A handprint heart suncatcher craft that is perfect for little ones to make for mom (or for Valentine’s Day). With just a few materials, they can create a beautiful and unique gift that mom will cherish for years to come.
WANT TO TRY MAKING THIS HANDPRINT HEART SUNCATCHER WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT NOW, FIND IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!
Make a Handprint Heart Suncatcher Craft
- Trace your child’s handprint onto to black construction paper using a pencil. Cut out the handprint shape.
- Peel off the backing of the contact paper and place it sticky-side up on a flat surface. (Tip: place masking tape rolls on the table and place the contact paper with the sticky side facing up in the tape before peeling off the paper backing. This will help keep it from moving while your child is crafting).
- Stick the construction paper handprint in the middle of the contact paper.
- Cut the tissue paper into small squares. Encourage your child to choose their favorite colors.
- Have your child decorate the sticky side of the contact paper by sticking the tissue paper pieces onto it. They can overlap the tissue paper and use different colors to create a vibrant and colorful design.
- Once the entire sheet all around the handprint shape is covered in tissue paper, place another piece of contact paper over the top of it, sticky side down. This will create a sandwich with the tissue paper in the middle and the two pieces of contact paper on either side.
- If you were using tape to keep the bottom contact paper down, remove it now and fold your craft in half. Trace the outline of a heart and cut it out. Be sure not to cut the handprint by leaving enough room around it.
- Gift to mom and display in a sunny window using a small piece of double sided tape!
This handprint suncatcher is not only a fun and easy craft for kids to make, but it also makes a thoughtful and unique gift for Mother’s Day that mom will cherish for years to come.
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up.
The mess level for this craft is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.