Are your kids obsessed with Star Wars? Do they love to play with slime? Then you won’t want to miss this fun and easy Star Wars themed slime recipe! With just a few simple ingredients and some Star Wars toys, you can create a galaxy far, far away right in your own home.
Not only is making slime a great sensory activity for kids, but adding a Star Wars twist to it will also ignite their imagination and creativity. This activity is perfect for May the Fourth, a special day celebrated by Star Wars fans around the world, but it can also be enjoyed any day of the year.
In this blog post, we’ll share a step-by-step guide on how to make Star Wars themed slime with your kids. We’ll also provide tips on how to customize the slime with different Star Wars characters and toys, and how to turn it into a fun sensory play activity. So grab your lightsabers and get ready to make some slime!
WANT TO TRY MAKING THIS STAR WARS SLIME WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT NOW, FIND IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 1 bottle of black glitter glue
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tbsp contact solution (with boric acid)
- Star Wars themed toys (such as mini figures, spaceships, or lightsabers)
Instructions on Making Star Wars Slime
- Pour the entire bottle of black glitter glue into a mixing bowl. If you don’t have black glitter glue, you can use regular clear glue and add black food coloring and glitter.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the glue and stir until well combined.
- Slowly add 1 tablespoon of contact solution to the glue mixture, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes less sticky and starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Only add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon if the slime in still very sticky. Adding too much contact lens solution will make your slime stiff.
- Knead the slime with your hands until it becomes stretchy and pliable. If it’s still too sticky, add a little more contact solution and knead it again.
- Once the slime is ready, add your Star Wars themed toys to it. You can mix them in with your hands or simply place them on top.
- Play with the slime and the Star Wars toys, exploring the texture and stretchiness of the slime. You can also use the toys to create your own Star Wars stories and scenarios.
- If you don’t have Star Wars themed toys, you can print out pictures of your favorite characters and glue them onto cardboard or popsicle sticks to create your own DIY figures.
- To store the slime, place it in an airtight container or ziplock bag. It can be kept for a few weeks, but make sure to check it before each use to ensure it’s still fresh and stretchy.
- To make the slime even more Star Wars themed, you can add food coloring to create different colors, such as green for Yoda or brown for Chewbacca.
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 3 years old and up.
The mess level for this craft is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.