INSIDE: Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag Recipe for Kids is a fun way to bond with your kids during the summer. Make your delicious ice cream in a bag with this super easy recipe that only takes 15 minutes!
The Best Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!
Homemade Ice Cream In the Bag
- Grab a large gallon sized ziplock bag and a small sandwich sized ziplock bag. Make sure to use a good brand that you trust. It is imperative that the ziplock bags does not leak while you are shaking and you will be doing a lot of shaking with this activity.
- In the small ziplock bag combine the half and half, sugar and vanilla in the smaller ziplock. Seal it completely. Double check by turning it upside down and giving it a little shake over a sink.
- In the large ziplock bag combine the ice and salt together.
- Insert the smaller ziplock bag into the large one and seal the large ziplock bag. The reason you want to ensure that the smaller ziplock bag is closed securely is because you don’t want the salt in the outer bag to leak into the inner bag and turn your super yummy ice cream into a salty disaster.
- Once all the bags are sealed, shake everything for at least 7-10 minutes.
- After that time, open the outer bag and check that the ice cream bag has solidified. It should look like ice cream!
- Scoop out and put in a bowl and serve alone or with your favorite toppings!
My kids are 7 years old and 3 years old (twins). This activity is great for toddlers 2.5 years old and up, with assistance.
This Homemade Ice Cream recipe is great for developing the following skills:
- Language development
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor skills
- Math skills
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Large Ziplock bag
- Small Ziplock bag
- 1 cup of Half and Half
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Kosher salt
- 3 cups of ice
- Toppings like chocolate sauce and sprinkles