INSIDE: Create this adorable paper bag book for Valentine’s Day with your kids! Let them decorate it and fill it with all the things they love or love about themselves! Makes a great activity for Valentines Day or for any all about me preschool or toddler unit.
Things I love Valentines’ Day Book
This is an adorable craft for kids of all ages. You may need to assist toddlers and preschoolers with making the actual book but they will have an absolute blast thinking about and drawing pictures of all their favourite things.
My favourite things about this craft are the little pockets that are created in the book where your little one can store their favorite little treasures, stickers or other small items they love!
Looking for more Fun Valentine’s Day Crafts or Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- Valentine’ Day Cards Toddlers & Preschoolers Can Create
- 15+ Valentine’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- 30+ Valentine’s Day Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Valentine’s Day Activities & Crafts using Contact Paper
How to Make a Paper Bag Book for Valentine’s Day
- Lay three brown paper bag one on top of the other, alternating the directions they are facing. Fold them in half.
- Take a hole punch and working with each bag separately, make two holes along the spine. Make the first set of holes on the first bag and then use it to measure the position of the holes for the second and third bags. Stack the bags back together.
- Take a piece of yarn or string and thread it threw the holes. You want to tie the bow in the front so ensure the two ends of the yarn end up in the front. Open the book up the middle pages and them flip the book over and tie the ends into a loose bow. You don’t want to tie the yarn too tight otherwise you won’t be able to open the book and lay it flat.
- Cut out 11 sheets of Valentine’s Day paper (No Valentine’s Day paper? You can also use pink, red and purple construction paper). Glue one sheet on to each page of the book including the cover.
- Cut out 11 sheets of white paper slightly smaller than the Valentine’s Day paper. Glue one sheet on to each page of the book including the cover.
- Write “Things I Love! By:_________” on the front cover.
- Let your little one draw pictures of things they love on each page of the book. For older kids they can also write the name of the object.
Age Suitability for DIY Paper Bag Book Craft for Valentine’s Day
This activity is great for preschoolers (with assistance) 3 years and up and for older kids. My kids are 4, 4, and 7.5 year old.
Supplies for DIY Paper Bag Book Craft for Valentine’s Day
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- 3 paper bags
- Single hole punch
- Yarn or ribbon
- Colourful Valentine’s Day paper
- Glue or double sided tape
- Markers or crayon for drawing
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Make quiet time their favourite time!
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
My Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop my ready made sensory play kits here.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!