Looking for an exciting and messy art activity to spark your child’s creativity? Egg shell splatter painting is a perfect choice! This process art allows kids to explore their artistic instincts, while you can rest assured that the mess is manageable. Here we’ll guide you through setting up this fantastic activity, provide tips for keeping the mess under control, and discuss the benefits of process art for your little artists.
WILL YOU TRY DOING EGGSHELL SPLATER PAINTING AIR DRY CLAY WITH YOUR CHILD? Pin it for later!
- Eggshells (cleaned and dried)
- Washable paint in various colors
- Large canvas or paper
- Old tablecloth or disposable plastic sheet
- Protective clothing for the kids
Setting Up the Egg Shell Splatter Painting Activity
- Gather Supplies.
- Prepare the Eggshells: Carefully crack the eggs near the top to create a small opening, then empty the contents into a bowl for cooking later (or save eggshells after cooking eggs). Rinse the shells gently, and let them air dry to ensure they’re ready for painting.
- Set the Stage: Choose a spacious area either outdoors on grass if available, and cover the working surface with an old tablecloth or disposable plastic sheet to catch splatters.
- Ready, Set, Splatter! Pour small amounts of different-colored paint into each egg shell. Now, let your little ones toss the eggshells at the canvas
Tips for Keeping the Mess Down and Cleanup
- Use washable paints: Opt for washable, non-toxic paints to make cleanup a breeze.
- Disposable aprons or old clothes: Have your kids wear old clothes or aprons to protect their outfits from any accidental splatters.
- Controlled splattering: You can demonstrate controlled splattering techniques first to show them how to create different effects without going overboard with the mess.
The Benefits of Process Art
Process art is all about the experience of creating art, rather than focusing solely on the final product. This approach offers numerous benefits for children’s development:
- Encourages creativity: Process art allows kids to explore their imagination without the pressure of achieving a specific outcome, promoting creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Builds confidence: Children feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in their unique creations, boosting their self-esteem and confidence.
- Develops fine motor skills: Engaging in art activities like egg shell splatter painting helps refine fine motor skills as they grip the shells and control their movements.
- Enhances sensory development: The tactile nature of painting with eggshells enhances sensory experiences and stimulates their senses.
Egg shell splatter painting is a delightful and enriching activity that combines creativity and mess in the best possible way. By embracing the chaos and celebrating the process, your child will enjoy the freedom to explore their artistic talents and develop essential skills along the way. So, roll up your sleeves, grab some paint, and get ready to create a vibrant masterpiece with your kids through this exciting process art adventure!
This activity is good for toddlers aged children 18 years old and up with adult assistance.
The mess level for this activity is high.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles tha. t show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.