INSIDE: Juneteenth Button Flag Craft is a fun and easy fine motor craft for Juneteenth. Create a Juneteenth Flag using buttons to celebrate the progress of civil rights.
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
I am so excited to announce that I wrote a book! Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! It comes out June 8th. Click here to pre-order it now!
How to Create A Juneteenth Button Flag Craft
- Line up 6 craft sticks horizontally to be the base of your flag.
- Take two other craft sticks and cut about an inch off each end.
- For the Junenteeth red, blue with a star flag, grab your red, blue and white buttons. Use a glue gun or tacky glue to secure the buttons to the craft sticks.
- For the Afro-American flag/ Black Liberation flag glue down red, black and green buttons using glue gun or tacky glue to secure the buttons to the craft sticks.
- Once your buttons are secure, flip the flag over. Take another craft stick and glue It to the back of the flag using a glue gun or tacky glue to secure the buttons to the craft sticks.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- 9 Craft sticks
- Blue buttons
- Red Buttons
- White Buttons
- Black Buttons
- Green Buttons
- Quick Dry Tacky Glue or regular school glue or glue gun
This activity is good for kids 4 years and up. My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.
Looking for more Anti-Racism Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- The Best Anti-Racism Toys for Kids
- 30+ Anti-Racism Activities for Kids
- The Best Black History Month Activities & Crafts for Kids
The Best Book of Sensory Bins
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.