INSIDE: Leprechaun Hand Puppet Craft is a cute craft for kids to make for St. Patrick’s Day. Craft a laughing leprechaun with your toddler or preschooler at home or school. This is definitely one they will love!
Supplies for Leprechaun Hand Puppet
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Green, black, red, beige, and orange construction paper
- Googley Eyes
- Gold foam paper
How to Make A Leprechaun Hand Puppet
- Grab a piece beige construction paper. Fold it lengthwise 1/3 of the way. Repeat on the other side. Glue the larger side on top of the smaller side.
- Next, fold the paper in half and then fold the top flap back. Repeat with the bottom.
- Next, place a piece of tape on the back to help secure the hand puppet pocket. See photo below for how.
- Now its time to create your leprechaun! Cut out a red tongue and glue it inside your hand puppet.
- Out of the green construction paper, cut out a leprechaun hat. Cut out a black band and gold buckle from the black construction paper and gold foam sheet. Glue it to the top of the leprechaun head.
- Cut out a beard from the orange construction paper. Glue it to the bottom of the puppet.
- Finally attach googley eyes and draw a nose and freckles.
- Time to play with your puppet. Place your hand in the back and make your little puppet leprechaun talk!
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler or kindergartner? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!