Here’s an adorable craft for Valentine’s Day! Make paper Valentines candy filled hearts! It makes a wonderful craft to make for friends and family!
How to Make Paper Valentine Candy Filled Hearts Craft for Kids
Create a heart template for your child to trace around out of card stock or cardboard.
This activity requires a needle for sewing with the yarn. Only use a sharp needle with older children. For younger children, poke holes using the needle along the perimeter of the heart large enough to fit an embroidery needing through without tearing the paper. You can complete this step after they have traced, cut and glued their hearts together. Let younger children use the embroidery needle to sew around the heart with the yarn.
- On your brown paper bag or Valentine’s Day paper, draw the shape of a heart. Your child might find it handy to use a heart shaped cookie cutter for this part or a template you have prepared ahead of time.
- Cut out the hearts. You will need two hearts, the same size to make the pouches.
- Put glue only around the perimeter of one heart not the middle where the candy will go. Leave one section open for filling in the candy at the end. Glue it to the other heart.
- Thread your needle and start sewing around the perimeter of the heart. Pull the yarn all the way through. Secure the end with a knot.
- Sew all around the heart. Stop once you reached the opening andnfill it with candy. Don’t add too much candy, otherwise it might make it difficult to close the heart properly.
- Then continue sewing to close the opening. Cut the needle off the yarn and secure the end of the yarn with another knot.
- Stamp or write a message or the name of the person its going to on the front of the heart. Include the pouch in a card or use it as your Valentines Day card!
This activity is good for preschool aged children 3 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is low.
Difficulty to Create
Fine motor development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, creativity.
Supplies Paper Valentine Candy Filled Hearts Craft for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Recycled paper bag or colourful Valentines Day paper
- Glue or stampler
- Red Yarn
- Hole punch (optional)
- Embroidery needle or needle depending on the age of the child doing the craft
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.