How to Make a Panda Craft for Kids
Make the Bamboo Stalks
- Pour small drops of green and yellow paint on a sheet of white paper.
- Use a small piece of cardboard, scrape in a downwards motion.
- To make the notches on the bamboo, after about every 5 cm make a quick side to side motion with the piece of cardboard and then continue moving downwards.
- Cut out thin green leaves and glue them to the bamboo stalk.
- Set it aside to dry.
Make the Panda
- Cut out a large white oval for the panda’s body and white circle for the panda’s head and small white circles for the panda’s eyes.
- Out of black construction paper cut out arches for ears, panda arms and legs. Also glue out ovals slightly larger than the white circles for the eyes and three small circles for the eyes and nose.
- Glue the panda’s face together and draw on the mouth.
- Also out of the black construction paper cut out 4 smaller strips and one larger one. Use tape to create small loops. Glue the smaller loops where the arms and legs will go on the white oval. Glue the larger loop where the head will go.
- Glue the arms, legs and head on the loops.
Age Suitability for Pop-Up Panda Craft for Kids
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 18 months old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Pop-Up Panda Craft for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Construction paper
- Yellow and green apint
Books & TV Show!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.