Puffy paint makes the perfect painting material to create Santa’s beard! Make it using just two ingredients: white glue and shaving cream. This is a fun and adorable craft for the Holidays!
Crafting with Puffy Paint
It doesn’t get much easier to make paint than puffy paint but the artistic pay back you get in my opinion is massive! Puffy paint goes on puffy and light and dries pretty much the same way. Over time the puffiness decreases but that’s OK. The paint will be dry to touch and not messy and can still be easily stored or displayed. It still looks amazing because as it slowly deflates the colors get more vibrant!
If you are looking for some fun puffy paint crafts to try, check out these fun ideas:
- Puffy Paint Apple Craft
- Puffy Paint Cupcake Craft
- Easy Puffy Paint Rainbow Craft for Toddlers
- Bottle Puffy Paint Snowman
- Puffy Paint Christmas Tree
- Puffy Paint Snowflake Craft
- Adorable Puffy Paint Leprechaun Craft for Kids
- Fluffy Puffy Paint Easter Bunny Craft for Kids
- Easy Puffy Paint Easter Egg Craft
How to Make Puffy Paint
- In a bowl, combine the white school glue and shaving cream.
- You can use a spoon to mix your puffy paint or you can use craft sticks.
- Mix the ingredients throughly until completely combined.
How to Make A Puffy Paint Santa Craft
- Cut out a face for Santa from skin tone construcion paper. Glue it to the page.
- Cut out a large triangle from red construction paper and glue it on top of the santa head. Dont put glue on the top part of the triangle. Bend it down and glue the tip folded down. Add a cotton ball to the tip of the hat.
- Add googley eyes.
- Use a regular paint brush and paint Santa’s beard using the puffy paint. Add a beard and sideburns!
- Add a large red Pom Pom as a nose.
Age Suitability for Puffy Paint Santa Craft
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 3 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
Mess Level for Puffy Paint Santa Craft
The mess level for this activity is medium.
Difficulty to Create
Sensory play, language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies Puffy Paint Santa Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- 1/2 cup white school glue
- 1/2 cup shaving cream (add a little more shaving creaming to increase the puffiness of the paint)
- Craft stick
- Paint brush
- White cardstick
- Red construction paper
- Skin tone construction paper
- Cotton ball
- Googley eyes
- Large red pom pom
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are some fun and easy ways to keep your child engaged while at the same time using sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made play kits here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.