INSIDE: Trim the Christmas Tree is a fun and easy to set up cutting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners. Practice using scissors and getting ready for the holidays by trimming the christmas tree so that it looks perfect (or bare!). This is a simple way to practice scissors skills over the Holiday season.
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 100+ of the Best Christmas Activities & Crafts for Kids
- DIY Handmade Christmas Cards
- 25+ Easy Christmas Sensory Bins
- Easy DIY Advent Calendars
- 25+ Christmas Tree Crafts & Activities
- 24 Christmas Crafts You Can Do Right Now
- 21 Christmas Sticky Walls
- 25 Santa Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 25+ Christmas STEAM Activities
- 50+ Hanukkah Crafts and Activities
- 30+ Kwanzaa Crafts and Activities
Trim the Christmas Tree Cutting Activity
How to Set Up
- Cut out three triangles from green construction paper.
- Glue them one on top of each other to make a Christmas tree. Only place a small dab of glue on the top part of the triangle leaving the bottom part free.
- Take a pair of scissors and cut branches along the bottom of the triangles. Use the scissors to curl the ends as well.
- Cut out a rectangle for the trunk of the tree and glue it down under the tree.
- Cut out a start from yellow construction paper to sparkly gold foam sheets and stick it onto of the tree.
How to Play
Invite your child to cut the paper branches of the tree using child safe scissors.
This activity is great for kids 3 years. My kids are 4.5 4.5, and7 years old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Green construction paper
- Brown construction paper
- Yellow construction paper or Glitter gold foam sheet
- Child safe scissors
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Engage your child in hours of play with my colorful collection of over 60 sensory bin activities, recipes and play projects that aid with memory formation, language development, problem-solving skills and more. Perfect for toddlers from eighteen months to three years old and beyond, each bin makes use of materials you already have at home and helps reignite your kids’ interest in toys long forgotten.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
With setup instructions, details on how to guide your child through each activity, suggestions for what to talk about with your child as they play and other useful tips, Mandisa gives you all the information you need for creative sensory activities your kids are bound to love.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are some fun and easy ways to keep your child engaged while at the same time using sensory play to nurture their mind!